Sunday, September 9, 2007

Last of the Litter!




Doug has literally turned me over to myself. In the absence of mind, I bought this little westie yesterday from a lady in Eastern OK. Can you say impulsive? We didn't have to spend much because he was the last one of his litter (hmmm)and a bit older than most folks buy puppies. He is 13 weeks old. We surprised the kids with this one, heck we surprised ourselves, seeing how I've never seen one of the dogs in real life. After church this morning, I've encountered several who can give me advice on this 'inside dog' endeavor. Neither Doug nor I have ever had an inside dog. We currently have an elderly chocolate lab, Sophie who we love. But, Sophie is strictly Doug's dog. So, a few weeks ago, I started thinking it would be fun for the kids and I to have a little dog for inside. We looked up the classified ads yesterday afternoon and low and behold a lady in Bointon, OK had this one left for sale, so we loaded up the van at 6:00 and brought him home. After the supercenter stop off for a crate and some food we finally got home around 10:30. He slept pretty good in the crate. I'm thinking he is going to give Bryant a run for his money. He's spunky, but he'll get still and quiet if he's in your lap!

Here's the family's take on the puppy:
Bennett: "I would have been happy just getting another Webkinz dog"
Addison: "Can I hold him, Can I hold him, Can I hold him, Can I hold him, Can I hold him!"
Byant (aka the terrorist): "Let me atta 'em!"
Doug: "I'm totally hands off"
Leigh Ann: "I've lost my mind"
puppy: "You might call me U.G.L.Y. but my friends, well, they call me Murphy."

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Murphy is so cute! Just remember, that we all lose our minds from time to time and that keeps life exciting.
-Jennifer A.