Friday, June 20, 2008

What did you wake up to this morning?


Well, Doug and I both woke up out of a dead sleep to an explosion of light and bark, yes I said bark! There is enough bark to build a boat, I'm sure it would sink, but still....There is a lot of bark in my yard. I had to work this morning so I didn't take time to notice exactly what was hit by lightning, but in this neighborhood, trees are a constant target. Well this time we got it and I'm so sad ---it is my favorite tree--- the huge one in our front yard. We called the expert, Daddy Doug, to see what his opinion is on the salvage of the tree....He referred us to somebody(?) so they could tell us the outcome. I love oaks, but I guess I would rather it not fall on the house.. so I'll keep you posted. I've never seen something struck by lightning unless you count Sweet Home Alabama movie when it strikes the sand, but you know--that's not real. Well my front yard full of bark is impressive, lesson for today, don't get near the oaks with pop up showers. Yikes!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bummer. Sorry about the tree.

Mandy said...

Oh! I'm so sorry about your tree! The poor trees in our town are really taking a beating! I'm tired of these storms!