Saturday, April 5, 2008

Call me Crazy?




This afternoon, the kids and I braved chic-fi-la with the super hero's. I wanted to shout, "Don't you think the mothers in here should be dubbed the super hero for braving the over stimulated madness?" But hey, my little batman and spiderman had a great lunch, however they were highly disappointed we didn't eat in the bat cave! I didn't even know they were having super hero day, but it was neat, I'll give them that. Fireman and police were there and they let the kids climb in the cop cars and fire trucks. Bryant was mortified by anyone or anything dressed unusual, so he stayed pretty close. After lunch, as if I hadn't had enough, we went to the nature center. Selfishly, I wanted to scope out some places to shoot, but when we got there, Bennett had a whole other agenda. The closer we got to the canoe's the louder he got with his wishing! So, yes the four of us loaded up the canoe and off we went. I haven't been in a canoe in 15 years! the kids have never been in anything but Papa and Daddy's real boat. I kept telling the guide who was fitting us with life jackets that this was a big mistake and if he heard me hollering, "Big Mama's in Trouble," I expect him double quick to my rescue. But, you know, Bryant was very calm, wish they had canoe's for shopping? So, we had a great time and the bonus was that a friend came up and grabbed my camera and snapped some for us. Doug is not going to believe this. I'll be glad when tax season is over. He would have like being out there with us.

1 comments:

Sisters said...

What a fun Mama!
AJL