Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Welcome Back Carter"




For some of you, you know we have Chris Carter who is one of our A.P.'s here at NHS, but for those who don't...hence the title Welcome Back Carter. It was good to see everyone again, and get to know some of our new staff. We have over 20 new teachers/staff. Hopefully, we haven't totally overwhelmed them yet! At the end of the week, Carter and our new A.P. Kirk Freeman broke out a skit with Mr. Mahan, our new principal, about CWT's, for those non teachers out there, that means Classroom Walk Through's which just means someone in the building is observing your classroom. They had us all in tears. Just imagine the song, "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa--yep that's what they were dancing, too. We ended the day Thursday with their little performance and ice cream sundae's. As usual I'm looking forward to a fast and successful year. I really like my job, I know I've said that before, but it is so rewarding(cliche' I know) NHS is truly the best kept secret in Fort Smith. I am anxious to see how God will use this community of teachers and students this year.

1 comments:

Sisters said...

Please tell Chris Abby Jo Skutt said "What is up?!" Our families were good friends back in the day and I had no idea he was at NHS. I graduted in 1996 from NHS and you are right, it is a special place.
Abby