Thursday, March 12, 2009

A small break from the action!







I have had two full weekends without photography clients....what's a girl to do? I made the most of last weekend with family and rest. This weekend looks to be very dreary...so maybe catch up on some reading. I just finished the Shack by William Young. Any readers out there care to share your comments on the book? I would love to hear. Next up is Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins...everyone that's read it says you can't put it down... I can't wait. I need something really good for spring break. Any suggestions? Here's a week in review around the Hasley house. The last picture is of my poor dog who is in desperate need of a haircut and a bath!

4 comments:

Sisters said...

I started to read it last summer and quit. It disturbed me really bad. My sister says I didn't give it a chance...I should have kept on. Maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind, who knows. It is now in my yard sale box!
AJL

The Family Marsico said...

I have not read the Shack, but used to volunteer in a bookstore and it was a HUGE hit. We couldn't keep enough copies on the shelves.

I'll get to it eventually.

Mer said...

We listened to the Shack on the way out to Colorado. What did you think? I LOVED it. It sparked alot of conversation as we drove. I thought the writer was brilliant (which sounds trite), but I thought he did an awesome job of personifying each part of the trinity. It was definitely heavy but rewarding in the end. I could go on and on about this one...maybe I"ll see you this weekend!!!

The Costner Family said...

I read the Shack after Matthew and Natalie gave it to us. I didn't like it. I did not agree with a lot of stuff in it and that really bothered me. You think it's going to be this great book about God and Christ, but I believe the theology in it was kind of off. But, that's just my opinion.