Sunday, January 18, 2009

A special day for us.







My family got a lot richer today, no not monetarily but spiritually. I witnessed one of my three children be baptized today. How awesome to know that what our grandparents on both sides began long ago with our rich spiritual heritage is continuing on through our children. It is not by accident that Bennett came to understand the difference between just knowing the facts and placing his trust in Jesus. It was because my parents and my grandparents, Doug's parents and Doug's grandparents unselfishly gave back to the Lord, seeking his face through ups and downs, trusting him to guide them through life, following his plan....Now Doug and I are the ones trying to set the example and teach truth through our actions and faith we have that God is superior to all and will conquer all. We serve a mighty God. That same God reached down and blessed our family today to witness this example of the next generation being a servant of Christ. By the way, he was the cutest little thing if I do say so myself. I love him so much!

11 comments:

Barb said...

What a special day for your family....Barb

Robyn said...

What a special day! I can't wait for that day with my kiddos.

Mer said...

Awesome! What a sweet tribute to all of your parents as well.

Pam said...

How exciting for Bennett and your family. I know you must be very proud.

Mandy said...

How great!!! Isn't it wonderful to witness our own children learn to trust Jesus? I think it's the most awesome thing ever!

Matt and Jolee said...

Congratulations to all of you! That truly is priceless :)

Aspiring Mom2three said...

What a day of celebration! I think that was the best day for us, when each of our kids accepted him and were baptized. You got some great pictures to capture the moment!

I love Addy's b-day cake! It is just beautiful! How in the world did you stand to cut it? I loved browsing through your blog. Great job!

Barrett said...

What a special day for your family! As usual, what beautiful pictures!

Melissa Southerland said...

It was so sweet to see Bennett being baptized yesterday and it makes me look forward to the day when my boys make that all important decision!

Rachel Freeman said...

Oh wow, that must have felt great. I can remember getting baptized and how special it was. Congratulations! I can't wait to see my children experience that.

Beth Ann said...

He looks so precious Leigh Ann--I'm so happy for him and you guys as well. Isn't it wonderful to know that Bennett knows our Jesus!