Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My cooking Man

There are so many things I love about this guy I married, but I will have to say one of my very favorites is his cooking skills. He never cooks to provide a "meal" like I do. He only cooks to indulge us! I love it. We were watching Rachel Ray the other night and she made these awesome fruit turnovers with blueberries. So in the wet cold rain yesterday he got out and picked up the ingredients. To our delight he and Addison made this great dessert! So yummy! I'll try to find the receipe, I don't know what he did with it? We had so much fun being a family yesterday. Today after lunch he went back to work. But is was great fun while it lasted. We have burned over 20 logs on the fire....now that's a 24hour fire. We were only without power for about four or five hours on Monday night. We kinda had a sleepover. We slept on the couches in front of the fire. That is until the lights came back on at 2:00 in the morning. I hope many of you didn't loose power for long. I know NW arkansas folks are mostly the ones still missing power. hang in there!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Those look so good! I want that for dinner.... ;o)

Katie said...

I got that apothecary jar at a junk shop for a few bucks. I have seen them places, too, but they are always more than I want to pay, so I was excited to find that one for so cheap!

YES! I am so ready to see new pictures of Harper with her little eyes open! The first day she posted one with her eyes open, I know I stared at the picture for 10 minutes straight and cried!! And, of course, yesterday was so cute with that pink hat! Bless her heart!

The Brinkley Bunch said...

Yummy...Those DO look good!

Beth Ann said...

Hey--the food looks yummy, but I'm more jealous of the 20 logs you burned in the fireplace--I NEED one of those! :-)

Lauren said...

These look soooo YUMMY!!! :)