Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a week

I don't even know where to start to describe the Delta School of photography? What started out as something I was very hesitate about attending turned into the best experience EVER. I was somewhat intimidated about who would be attending---studio photographers and such. From the moment I arrived I was welcomed into this world of photography! No sobs, don't you love when that happens. I'm considered just the mom with the camera to some, but to Bob and Edna Lloyd (my instructors) I was their student. And boy was I at the front of the class, not literally, I was seated right next to Bob and his computer the whole time. He is by far the most talented, humble, generous, and gracious photographer I've met. I could go on and on just about he and Edna, but the words wouldn't do him justice. I learned so much about lighting. For Studio, too. So hopefully, if I get enough business in the next few months, Still Moments by Leigh Ann will have a studio, too? I just can't wait to shoot both in studio and on location.
There were ten girls in our class ( no guys), so we deemed ourselves Bob's Angel's. I'll have to post our picture whenever he transfers the file to us. One in particular really helped me, Tammy P! you rock! thanks for all the ps freebies! I never did give you my song file, I'll get that to you. I am looking forward to LR this summer. I am hoping to make it.

All I am saying is bring on the business. I've got new products (photo books)to sale-- you guys are going to love. I am using a new lab to process that I can provide much better prints, finishes, etc.

The best blessing from this experience is that I learned a quicker and more efficient workflow so that I can spend more time with my family after I get done shooting. I will always teach high school so the faster and better I can shoot on the weekends--the more time I get freed up between these two jobs and the better your photographs will be.

Doug has been a trooper keeping the big kids -- mom and dad for keeping Bryant. I owe you guys and I am very thankful to you all for letting me go.

My website is in transition, so those who have visible galleries. I'll need you to make selections in the next few weeks. Starting Feb. 5th, all galleries will require a password. I'll just have a few featured galleries on there to view. So let me know if there are any questions you all have. I'll do my best to visit with each of you to assign passwords if you need them after the 5th.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this was a great experience for you!