Friday, June 1, 2007

Celebrating 10 Happy Years


Well, yesterday Doug and I celebrated our first ten years of marriage. We have done a bunch of updating with the house, so as far as gifts we went really low key, but very sentimental. Doug had my ring engraved which was totally unexpected. I had both of our rings in my possession prior to our wedding, so he didn't have the chance to engrave anything then. So yesterday, I was surprised to see his thoughtfulness. I gave him a clock/globe that was for his new office. We have been extremely busy this week with his move and me with graduation. But, thanks to Doug and Delbra for keeping the kids last night, we spent an evening dining out! I just simply love him and the blessings God continues to bestow on me is far more than I could ever comprehend! These next ten years will, not only bring one teenager, but two and, at that, we will have two teen drivers, scary enough! I can't wait. I think that is my theme for life. Though I am content, I always see the future as new and exciting and I'm glad God's given me that type personality! I am so grateful to Doug for his patience and devotion to me, our family and to God.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulation Doug & Leigh Ann! What a beautiful family these ten years have brought to you both.
-Jennifer A.